Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a Sunday.......

Well, here I am. Off of my regular schedule. Usually my days off are Sunday and Monday. But I have to work at 5pm today. And just like I said before (check previous blog posts) North Korea fired off missiles yesterday. I said that it was going to happen. Everybody knew it, he NEEDS attention. But one thing I don't understand is that he fires off his missile tests into the Sea of Japan... Aren't those Japanese territorial waters? Then technically wouldn't he be attacking Japan in a way? Maybe Japan should do some "tests" right into the water around his country (if you want to even call it a country. It's basically just a huge military base) to show him what it's like. He says that if the U.S. tries to stop any of the ships coming into his ports that we would be declaring war. Intelligence (and I use that term lightly in regards to what it has done for us before) says that there might be nuclear weapons, weapons-grade material, enriched uranium, etc. on board. And by all regards, we don't have U.N. "permission" to stop any of these ships, but when it comes down to it, I don't understand how it would be declaring war... North Korea has been provoking other countries for a long time. He wants a response. But in my opinion, and as far as my knowledge, we are still "at war" with them. The Korean War was never ended with a treaty. So, by international standards, we are still at war, just not active war. Who knows how this situation will play out. Oh yeah, and the President Ahmadenijad of Iran (and again, I use that term lightly due to the recent unrest over the elections) invited our President Obama to talks with him. Yeah right... do you think he's going to go deal with that guy? That task will be sent down to our Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. Hopefully she'll do what she does best when it comes to confronting other leaders in the world, and tell him what America wants her to say: "Don't start any shit"

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment