Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I guess this is overdue

It's been a few days since I have written anything. I don't have much to talk about lately I guess. So maybe I'll just go off the cuff and talk randomly. Umm.... I just watched a really boring episode of "The Simpsons".... Thanks to the network, they are about to upstage that tragedy with an episode of "Family Guy". I got an email from AT&T today. I can get a free phone with free shipping if I add a third line on my account. I have two already, one is a phone that I got and pay for for my little cousin. She's 16. We share 1400 minutes a month, and come on now, as I said, she's 16. I bet she eats up minutes like crazy. But who knows, I don't actually check them, the balance comes and I pay it. I just might get one just because it's free. It will add $10 a month to my bill, and I can just have a different phone. That might be kinda cool. My phone was "new" and "cool" and all that when I got it. But that was about a year ago. And nowadays phones can be "outdated" in a week. There's always something more new, better, faster, etc...

(pause for a break)

Mom just called. I guess my uncle had an interview on the radio because he's about to be inducted into the hall of fame for playing football for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. He was good, he even played for the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL, the way it sounds to me is that he even gave a shout-out to my aunt while they were interviewing him. I think his career ended with one of those "bad knee" issues. Which happens to alot of athletes. Maybe that's why I don't do sports. But he's an awesome guy. And he has an great career now. I probably wouldn't like him if he was my mom's brother, but he's married to her sister, so that's okay. For some reason I've never liked much of my mom's family. Well, except that one sister that he's married to (Love you Marcia!). Lots of them just seem too smug. I've just always felt more comfortable with my dad's side of the family. They don't judge. They encourage. They don't feel that they are better than you. Things like that. But I think it's time to get out of the house. I'm gonna head to my parents' house to make sure they aren't about to choke each other. They have that "love-hate" type of relationship. I mean, when you've been with someone for 35+ years, you just can't help but to be annoyed by almost everything the other does. But they're my parents. I love them. They're the reason that I have a life. Some people make the statement "I wish I was never born"..... Yeah, but then what would you have? Life may get tough at times, sometimes you might want to give up. But the way I see it, you shouldn't have anything to complain about if you woke up today.


-T

No comments:

Post a Comment