Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah....

Ok, this is just one thing that I want to get off my chest.... Would people (the media mainly) just lay off for a bit? I'm tired of people jumping all over Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) for everything. I mean, when it comes down to it, she is quite possibly now one of the most well-known female politicians in the country, and around the world. But I still say Hillary Clinton is the most well-known around the world. Now when I say to lay off of her, I mean people need to stop making a big deal about everything she supposedly does, or supposedly doesn't do. I mean, it's come to a point that if somebody in Alaska slips on a banana peel, her name comes up in the media like it's her fault. Some people in the Republican party even try to say that she cost Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) the Presidential election. I do not think this is true. John McCain is more of a moderate Republican, Sarah Palin is more of a conservative. She helped breathe life back into the Republican base during the campaign. And everybody jumped all over the fact that she may have had a few bad interviews, and they made fun of her and called her stupid. But when you are not prepared for a national race, and are suddenly tapped for the second highest governmental position in the country, you can't be expected to be a "perfect" candidate. Nobody is perfect. But I will say, she became an instant superstar in the political world. And when you get that much attention, people start gunning for you. And it's not always coming from the other side, it comes from your side as well. So what if she wasn't familiar with "the Bush doctrine" during an interview.... I never even was aware that there was such a thing. I mean, she stood her ground at the Vice Presidential candidates' debate against Joe Biden! Now that takes guts because Joe Biden is a fire-breather, and for some reason talks a bit too much, and I admired her for that. Now don't get me wrong... I am a staunch Democrat, and if you even want to throw the label of being a "Liberal" at my feet, I will pick it up and wear that label as a badge of honor, but let me be clear with saying one thing: Republicans (including Sarah Palin) have certain social policy views that make you want to scream, certain ideas that might make you want to pull your hair out, comments about the Democratic agenda that might make you want to choke somebody, BUT, Sarah Palin is a fierce American. She is a patriot, loyal to her country, she is smart, hardworking, and dependable. And I respect her. So I wish everybody would stop attacking her.

-T

1 comment:

  1. I agree with some key facts you mentioned about Palin it is time to let her lead or go moose hunting if she so chooses sometimes as a politician you need to paint your own picture before the media paints it for you I find it easy for people of both partys to take a piece of information rather completly informed or not and spin a web. I admire you taking this non partisan position to set the record I feel we need more people like yourself leading our parties I feel negotiations would be in order and actual work without bicker would be done. EP2009

    ReplyDelete